I prefer to eat smaller meals with small snacks in between!
My Digestion can't digest a huge meal and keep up with work. I like to be light on my feet and take care of my blood sugar in between! I dare you to snack smart.
Crudite and Mashed Guac
- 1/4 avocado
- Smashed with lemon juice, sea salt
- 1-2 globe eggplants (totaling 2 lbs)
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 Tbsp roasted tahini (sesame paste)
- 1-2 garlic cloves (more or less depending on how garlicky you want your baba ghanouj to be), finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Juice of one lemon - about 2 1/2 tablespoons
- Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
1a Oven method Preheat oven to 400°F. Poke the eggplants in several places with the tines of a fork. Cut the eggplants in half lengthwise and brush the cut sides lightly with olive oil (about 1 Tbsp). Place on a baking sheet, cut side down, and roast until very tender, about 35-40 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
2 Scoop the eggplant flesh into a large bowl and mash well with a fork. Combine the eggplant, minced garlic, remaining olive oil (about 2 Tbsp), tahini, cumin, 2 Tbsp of the lemon juice, the salt, and a pinch of cayenne. Mash well. You want the mixture to be somewhat smooth but still retaining some of the eggplant's texture.
3 Allow the baba ghanouj to cool to room temperature, then season to taste with additional lemon juice, salt, and cayenne. If you want, swirl a little olive oil on the top. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.
Serve with Crudite (peppers, cucumbers, carrots etc)
Read more: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/eggplant_dip_baba_ghanouj/#ixzz4wlBiYkPS
Your goal for a snack is 100 calories
- 10 almonds, cashews or walnuts*
- 20 pistachios*
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds*
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds*
- 1 tablespoon organic raw peanut butter
- 1½ teaspoons almond butter
Celery Sticks With Hummus and Olives
Dividing evenly, top 3 celery sticks with 3 tablespoons hummus and 3 sliced kalamata olives.
129 calories | 5 g fiber | 5 g protein | 8 g fat
Apple & Nut Butter
1/4 to 1/2 an Apple with 1 tablespoon of Nut Butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of Blueberries with almond slivers!
- 16 endive leaves;
- 4 slices Nitrate free & Sugar free Bacon
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced;
- 1 tbsp. fresh chives. minced;
- 2 tsp. white wine vinegar;
- 1 tbsp. olive oil;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay the bacon on top of the parchment paper and bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain excess fat and, when cool enough to handle, break the bacon into crumbles.
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, chives, olive oil, vinegar, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff the tomato-chive mixture into each endive leaf.
- Sprinkle each stuffed endive leaf evenly with the crumbled bacon.