Dr. Axe - PHO
- For the broth:
- 6 cups beef bone broth
- 2 onions, peeled and halved
- 4-5 whole carrots, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peel on and smashed
- 2-3 whole cinnamon sticks
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- ½ pound sirloin steak or protein of choice, sliced into ¼ inch pieces
- 1 pound zucchini, spiralized
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup Thai basil leaves
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- Organic sriracha, to taste (optional - not for Sibo)
- Coconut aminos, to taste
- In a large stock pot, add in beef bone broth, onion, carrots, garlic cloves, cinnamon sticks and coconut aminos.
- Bring the broth to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and let broth simmer for 30 minutes.
- Place zucchini into a spiralizer and spiralize into noodles. Set aside.
- Slice beef into very thin slices, about ¼ inch thick. Keep beef slices in the refrigerator to keep cold until ready to add to the broth.
- Strain the broth and discard the solids. Return the broth to the stove to keep warm.
- In four soup bowls, prepare each serving by adding in zucchini noodles to the bottom.
- Top with pho broth and add in 5-6 raw beef slices.
- Top each bowl with desired amount of herbs, vegetables, sriracha and coconut aminos.
- Serve immediately.