I am more of a Shake girl for Breakfast, but I know not everyone can live off shakes in the morning. Wait at least 12 to 16 hours from dinner to breakfast. Give your digestion a break. I Always have a glass of water with lemon first thing, then a cup of Chai Tea. Then dive in below ;) I dare ya.
Dr. Axe Chia Whey Cakes
- 1⁄4 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons vanilla whey protein powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons almond milk
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Then add wet ingredients and stir together.
- Heat a pan and coat with coconut oil. Pour 2 tbsp of batter to form each pancake.
- Cook a few minutes. Once it starts to bubble on top, flip and cook an additional minute or two.
- 1/2 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup zuchinni chopped
- 1/2 cup green scallions, diced
- 1/4 whole bell peppers, diced
- Handful of Spinach
- 2 to 3 Organic Eggs
- 1/8 cup Tomato, diced, for garnish
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Sauté the vegetables for 3 minutes, or until tender.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk eggs.
- Pour the eggs over the vegetables and stir.
- Stir frequently to scrape the eggs from the frying pan, thus “scrambling” them.
- Season with a dash of salt and pepper, top with diced tomato
Banana Blueberry Muffins - Nut Free
I love my shakes, they are light. But I get it. You need to shake it up.
Paleo Banana Blueberry Muffins that are coconut flour based, and nut free.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 9 servings
- 1 medium overripe banana mashed
- 3 eggs whisked
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1/3 cup full fat canned organic coconut milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 2/3 cup fresh blueberries
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and thoroughly grease a muffin pan with coconut oil or butter
In a medium bowl, combine the mashed banana, eggs, honey, coconut milk, and vanilla and beat until smooth
In a separate bowl, combine the coconut flour, tapioca, baking soda and powder, and salt.
Slowly stir the dry mix into the wet until fully combined. The coconut flour will make the batter thick.
Fold in the blueberries to combine. Fill your muffin cups about 2/3-3/4 full until all the batter is used up. I made 9 muffins with this recipe.
Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven, let sit for a minute and then remove muffins from pan to cool on a wire rack.
Perfect to eat warm or save for later. Enjoy!
Credit to - Paleo Mamma
Grain Free porridge
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk, preferably homemade and additive free
- 6 tablespoons organic unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons very finely ground raw organic unpasteurized almonds
- 1½ tablespoons freshly ground organic raw whole golden flaxseed,
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Toppimgs: optional: slices of fruit, cinnamon, nutmeg, and any sweetner
Heat milk in a large stoneware (heatproof) cereal bowl in microwave for 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients; stir. Cook for 1 minute.
Stir in favorite flavorings and natural sweetener; top as desired with favorite fruits, berries, dried fruit and/or sliced almonds, other nuts or seeds and coconut flakes.
If desired, drizzle with additional maple syrup (careful) and almond or coconut milk. Serve immediately.
Keto Grain-free Hemp Heart Porridge
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- ½ cup Hemp Hearts
- 2 tablespoons Flax Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 1 dropper of liquid stevia
- ¾ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup crushed almonds or almond flour
- 3 Brazil nuts
- Add all ingredients but the ground almonds and toppings to a small saucepan. Stir until combined, then heat over medium heat, just until it begins to boil lightly. No need to cover.
- Once bubbling lightly, stir once over and leave to cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, stir in crushed almonds, and drop into a bowl. Top with toppings and eat immediately.